Mission: The Penobscot River Paddling Trail seeks to establish and maintain a paddling, camping and educational trail down the main stem of the Penobscot River.
Vision and Aspirations:
- Enable exceptional paddling and Leave No Trace camping experiences down the Penobscot River.
- Provide education to paddlers and non-paddlers concerning the ecology, natural history, Wabanaki history and current status, colonial history, industrial history, and present status of the Penobscot River.
- Promote and demonstrate an ethic of watershed conservation.
- Help to connect paddlers to upstream campsites on the West and East Branches of the river, to campsites of the Northern Forest Canoe Trail, and to the saltwater campsites of the Maine Island Trail Association.
- Provide a vehicle for economic growth in the watershed by including commercial outfitters, guides, lodgings, campsites, restaurants and stores in our maps and materials.